New Hotfix: Program does not run in a task sequence on a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 client if the program name contains extended ASCII characters
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a deployment package on a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) site server.
- You create a program in the package. The name of the program contains extended ASCII characters.
- You create a task sequence, and you add an Install Software step to the task sequence.
- You select the Install multiple applications option, and you configure the Base variable name setting to include the program that contains extended ASCII characters in the Install Software step.
- You deploy the task sequence to a client computer.
This issue occurs because an incorrect data type is used to handle the program name that contains extended ASCII characters.
For more details and a downloadable hotfix for this issue see the following:
Leave a comment